I can’t imagine many will say they enjoy cleaning. I for one avoid it where I can and seek out products that will maximise my minimum effort. Welcome, the Bissell MultiReach™ Ion Plus 25.2V cordless vacuum cleaner 13116, a lightweight 2 in 1 cordless vacuum which has fit into our home like a missing family member.
The Bissell MultiReach™ Ion came in a small box which was surprisingly light. The vacuum and attachments were all well packaged inside and slotted together easily. You don’t need any additional tools to put it together, simply push the body into the base and you’re ready to go. As well as the actual vacuum itself (which is in two sections that slot together), the box contains a Crevice tool with dusting brush, a charging base (this allows the vacuum to stand up whilst it’s charging) and a high reach extension wand.What I didn’t know before the vacuum arrived was it’s actually two vacuums in one (you’d think the 2 in 1 in the title might have given me a clue!) – The body of the vacuum is actually a small hand held vacuum which slots inside the main upright part. It’s such a unique and clever idea.
The vacuum is cordless therefore needs to be charged. It takes 4 hours to fully charge the machine, you can just plug it into the wall and leave it to sit in the charging stand.The buttons that control the settings on the vacuum at location on the handle towards the top. There are four buttons which control power, the brush rotation ( the machine can be changed to suit the type of floor you’re cleaning), suction power (you can increase or decrease the power depending on your requirements) and the EdgeReach (a great function that helps clean along edges and into corners). I like how the buttons are accessible and easy to switch on an off but I would have preferred the power button be at the bottom of the set of buttons as I do sometimes catch it with my finger, turning off the machine.
The vacuum has a handy battery life indicator which means you won’t get half way through a room for your vacuum to run out of steam – the 25.2V Li Ion battery life of around 40 minutes when fully charged which I thought sounded pretty short. In actual fact, it gives me plenty of time to leisurely vacuum both upstairs and downstairs in the house, I do usually do the stairs separately as that tends to take me longer.Despite the small and compact size of the vacuum, the suction is really impressive. It works particularly well on our stone kitchen floor and sucks up crumbs and toddler produced muck without any issue. The EdgeREACH™ technology means suction is diverted to the sides of the machine, making corners and edges easier to clean and reduces the need to get down on your knees to brush out any dirt build up.For the stairs, I remove the handheld vaccuum and use that with the brush attachment. It does require some pressure to get rid fluff and hairs and I think if the bristles on the brush attachment were stiffer it would be much more effective. However, the brush is fab at clearing up crumbs from the bench and removing dust from my vertical blinds. Perhaps Bissell could include a stiffer brush amongst the attachments or offer it for an additional charge.
Things I love
* It’s such a quiet vacuum, by far the quietest I’ve ever used.
* It folds down to almost nothing, meaning storage is effortless.
* The 180 degree swivel steering is fantastic and makes whizzing round the corners stress free.
* The 2 way folding handing means cleaning under the sofa and bed is effective and easy to do. I no longer need to pull everything out to clean behind because the vacuum slides underneath and reaches right to the back.
* The 2 in 1 option is great. It means you can vacuum the house as you normal would or simply little out the belly of the vacuum to hoover the sofa, the car or even the crumbs from the bench.
What could be improved
* The filter can be washed easily but I do find it takes quite a while to dry. You do need to wait until it’s completely dry before using your vacuum.
* The suction on the handheld could be stronger as it struggled a little with the crumbs in the car (there was about 3/4 of a sandwich wedge down the cracks). I think if you have a home with pets you may struggle to pick up hair from the floor and furniture.
* The brush attachment for the handheld vacuum has very soft bristles which are great for sofas and benches but I would have loved a hard more ridged brush to help remove dirty and fluff from the stairs.
Overall, I’m very impressed with the Bissell MultiReach™ Ion Plus cordless vacuum cleaner. It’s a nifty household product that does the job and does it well. It has some very unique features and perfect for the family home.
The vacuum usually costs £259.99 but is currently on offer for £189.99 directly from Bissell.
*I was sent the vacuum in return for an honest review.