I’ve always been a huge fan of photographs, I won’t go anywhere without a camera or my iphone and have always wanted a ‘good’ camera, especially considering the rate I seem to go through compact digital camera’s.
I got the camera as a belated wedding present from Hubby after mentioning on more than one occasion about how much I needed a new camera, especially now it’s not too long until baby arrives.
Hubby did his research and found the Nikon D3100 camera to have great reviews for a beginners level DSLR camera.
- 14.2 megapixels.
- 3in screen with LCD technology and live view.
- CMOS sensor type.
- Focal length of 18-55mm.
- Image stabilisation.
- Continuous shooting up to 3 frames per second (JPEG).
- Continuous shooting up to 3 frames per second (RAW).
- Shutter speed of 30 to 1/4000 sec.
- Zoom lens.
- Aperture f/3.5-5.6.
- Silent wave motor.
- 52mm filter.
- 11 focus points in the viewfinder.
- ISO range from 100 to 3200.
- 1080p video capture with sound.
- Built-in flash.
- Hot shoe for additional flash.
- PictBridge compatible.
Memory card compatibility:,
- Colour: black.
- Eyecup and shoulder strap.
- Rechargeable battery.
- Weight 455g.
- Size H12.4, W9.5, D7.45cm.
Simple to use and ideal for beginners.
A nice easy size, even for smaller hands.
Good quality pictures.
A reasonable price for an entry level camera.
The screen can easily be scratched.
I find the capture button in a bit of an awkward position.