Every year in the UK, more than 200 people go to hospital with suspected carbon monoxide poisoning, around 40 of those people will die. Young children and the elderly are most at risk of this silent killer. Carbon Monoxide is colourless and odourless and extremely difficult to detect with only your nose.
Research over the last three years has estimated that one in six homes inspected by the Gas Safe Register was found to have an unsafe gas appliance and one in eleven has an unsafe boiler. This puts lives at risk.
To highlight the issue Corgi HomePlan are running a campaign to encourage every home to install a Carbon Monoxide detector. They’ve also produced a helpful and informative website with advice and details on warning signals to look out for.
If you experience any of the issues listed below you may have Carbon Monoxide issue and should get your home checked as a matter of urgency.
To help make your home safer Corgi HomePlan are offering one of my readers the chance to win a Carbon Monoxide detector for their home. All you need to do to enter, is complete the Rafflecopter form below.
Terms and Conditions
- A winner will be chosen randomly via Rafflecopter
- The winner will be notified via email and Twitter (if you leave your handle)
- ALL entries are checked and if any of your entries are found to be fake ALL of your entries will be disqualified.
- Fake entries/automated entries will be disqualified.
- You will have 28 days to respond to the winning notification, if you don’t a new winner will be chosen.